Enjoy minimally invasive dentistry at Family Dental Center
Minimally invasive dentistry is a relatively new field that is quickly gaining in popularity. This form of dentistry involves using dental lasers and other modern technologies to perform procedures with minimal discomfort and reduced healing time. Minimally invasive dentistry is often used for routine dental procedures such as addressing cavities or placing dental crowns. At Family Dental Center of Manteca, California, Drs. Mircea Mitu and George D’Louhy are here to help you achieve a beautiful smile while remaining conservative. Our team is pleased to offer the following minimally invasive dentistry solutions for new and returning patients:
- Metal-free fillings. Metal-free fillings, also known as composite resin fillings, eliminate the need for silver amalgam materials that are toxic to the human body. Instead, this material can last many years and can be replaced as needed while ensuring as little natural tooth enamel is removed as possible.
- Microabrasion. Microabrasion is a minimally invasive technique that can treat surface stains on teeth. This procedure uses a small, hand-held tool to sand away the outermost layer of tooth enamel, revealing a brighter, more even smile beneath.
- Dental crowns. Dental crowns are often used to cover and protect a tooth that might have been damaged or become compromised in strength and structure. We use digital impressions to create custom dental crowns for our patients.
- Inlays and onlays. Inlays and onlays are dental restorations similar to dental crowns, but they are used to address smaller areas of damage on a tooth. Inlays and onlays can be made from various materials, including composite resin, gold, or porcelain.
- Porcelain veneers. Covering imperfections of the smile is easy with porcelain veneers. We use these restorations when patients have issues such as chipped, cracked, or permanently stained natural teeth. They require two appointments and last many years with proper care.
Are you interested in working with a dental team that offers minimally invasive dentistry?
Connect with Drs. Mircea Mitu and George D’Louhy of Manteca, CA to discuss your options. Family Dental Center is located at 521 East Center Street and can be reached by phone to request an appointment at (209) 420-1205.