Root canal therapy can save your natural tooth, even if your pulp is infected. People who live in Manteca, California, and the surrounding areas of Stockton, Modesto, and Tracy can find relief from tooth pain with Dr. Mircea Mitu and the team at Family Dental Center of Manteca.
Root Canal Pain Symptoms
If you suspect you need a root canal, you may be experiencing some of these common symptoms of tooth pulp infection:
- Persistent severe or worsening pain: If tooth pain is always present or comes and goes, it may be a good sign that you need a root canal. The pain may be felt deep down in the tooth or even in the jaw or face
- Sensitivity to cold or heat: An infected tooth may be sensitive to either cold or hot foods and beverages
- Tooth becomes discolored: A tooth pulp infection causes a tooth to discolor because the trauma sustained or the internal tissue breakdown damages the roots and makes the tooth look gray or even black
- Swollen gums: When a tooth is infected, the gums start to swell. While the swelling may come and go, the gums around the tooth are usually tender when you touch them
- Pain when touching the tooth or eating: If you feel pain when eating or touching your tooth, you may need root canal therapy
- A cracked or chipped tooth: A tooth that has become chipped or cracked can allow bacteria to enter it, which results in a tooth pulp infection. The pain in the tooth results from the inflamed nerve
- Tooth becomes looser: In some cases, an infected tooth can cause the tooth to become loose. This happens because nerve damage causes acidic waste products to soften the bone around a dying tooth’s roots
Tooth Pulp Infection Relief Near Me
Are you concerned about a tooth pulp infection and looking for relief?
Dr. Mircea Mitu and the staff at Family Dental Center of Manteca in Manteca, California, and surrounding areas such as Modesto, Stockton, and Tracy are here to help. Call us today at (209) 420-1205 or request an appointment online.
Share this Article